[Swprograms] IDEAS for July 10 - 13

For those who follow CBC programming:

Note that Ideas is taking Fridays off for the balance of the summer.
No specific word on when the Friday edition of Ideas will return.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA
----------------

Coming up this week on IDEAS:

Beginning this week IDEAS in the summer airs Monday to Thursday.
On Friday nights, tune into The Wire with Jowi Taylor.

Monday, July 10
EXPLORING TITANIC
Dr. Joe MacInnis and his friend James Cameron make their final
submarine voyage to the RMS Titanic, which has played a major part in
both their careers.
To view images from the expedition, visit our website at:
http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/features/titanic/index.html

Tuesday, July 11
THE MIND OF MOZART
We mark the sixty-fifth anniversary of the CBC Vancouver Orchestra with
a musical dissection of Mozart's amazing mind, featuring Maestro Mario
Bernardi and selected soloists.

Wednesday, July 12
THE HOLDEN CAUFIELD FAN CLUB
He's arguably the single most compelling character in 20th century literature.
Ever since the 1951 publication of The Catcher in the Rye, Holden Caulfield
has enjoyed enormous popularity with youthful readers. Paul Kennedy
discusses Holden's eternal appeal with a wide variety of committed fans.

Thursday, July 13
FORTY YEARS OF GREAT IDEAS
Part one of a ten-part series.
IDEAS is 40 years old! This retrospective samples the IDEAS archives to bring
together explorations, explanations and speculations by some of the
best thinkers
in the world. Part two airs on July 20.
For more details about IDEAS 40th Anniversary visit our website at:
http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/features/forty_years/index.html

The Best of IDEAS is now available as a podcast.
For more details visit our podcasting page on our website:
http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/podcast.html

For more details about IDEAS: monthly schedules, how to order CDs and
transcripts, browse our feature pages and past schedules, visit our website at:
http://www.cbc.ca/ideas/index.html

Send us an email at ideas@xxxxxx