Re: [Swprograms] Mexican SW directed at Immigrants/Illegals?

Re: [Swprograms] Mexican SW directed at Immigrants/Illegals?

I doubt the ptb in the Mexican government appreciate the power of SWBC or even
know what it is, since XERMX was closed down. IMER is fighting its own battle
for survival with the domestic stations it has left. Closest to the funxion you
mention would be XERF, 1570, Radio Frontera, Ciudad Acuña, Coahuila, which may
be running something like 100 kW now. It still has limited range due to all the
co-channel QRM at night, but maybe some immigrants listen to it. I haven`t
listened enough to say whether much of its programming is specifically targeted
at them, however. 73, Glenn Hauser