[Swprograms] OT: Where Are All My Listeners Going?

[Swprograms] OT: Where Are All My Listeners Going?

(Or call it "The Incredible Spreading Audience" - jaf)

Date posted: 2006-04-06
Satellite, Too, Sees TSL Slip
Turns out terrestrial radio is not the only medium competing with
Internet radio and iPods for listeners.

Bridge Ratings released a report called "Where Are My Listeners
Going?" and says it has seen a new trend: Not only is traditional
radio seeing time-spent-listening declines year after year, but the
study shows evidence of satellite radio being affected as well.

The organization's ongoing multiyear study has been measuring the
impact of digital media on terrestrial radio since 2004. This report
compares TSL for terrestrial radio, satellite, Internet radio and MP3
players; it says terrestrial radio's 12+ weekly listening has slid
from 19:15 to 18:45 since the second quarter of 2005. Satellite radio
saw its weekly TSL slip from 16 hours per week to 12:36.

>From Radio World Online

John Figliozzi