[Swprograms] Unintended BBC Comedy

While the WS no longer carries comedy programs, there was a moment
(at least to me) of unintended levity on the new listener contact
program "Over to You" this morning.

Several listeners had complained about favorite programs that were
"decommissioned" (a great word!) in the new schedule just put into
place.  After several of these complaints and proffered
justifications from a BBC WS representative (didn't get his full
name), the program host asked the rep if any of these decisions could
be overturned if the WS received considerable push back from
listeners.  The rep said, and I quote, "Of course!  We listen!"

Now THAT's funny!

John Figliozzi