Re: [Swprograms] BBC put-down of SW

Glenn Hauser wrote:
> Bill,
>
> Tnx. I hate to keep after this piece by piece, but now could you tell us the
> name of the person who said that, and their position? This could be an
> important historical artifact.
>
> Glenn
>
> --- Bill KA2EMZ <ka2emz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>

>> Having realized I just need  to look thru my replies for the 2005 FEST
>> for the actual syntax-
>>
>> "we have *absolutely*  no intention of dealing with people who _*insist
>> on*_ listening to an OLD antiquated mode such as shortwave"
>>
>> 1 sentence says it all...
>>
>> Bill
>>

>> Glenn Hauser wrote:
>>
>>> It would be nice to know exactly what they said, rather than paraphrased.
>>>
>>> 73, Glenn Hauser
>>>
>>> --- Bill KA2EMZ <ka2emz@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>>
>>> What I got in reply should point

Glenn-
I have no issue with you wanting a name of htis individual- however here
is the caveat-
it was signed (electronically of course) "audience relations BBC World
Service Bush House London, England". To me that is a coward who hid
behind the name of the BBC. Personally I know of no way to change their
mindset; to them shortwave is a dead issue (unless as I now recall in
your MT Column they and Deutsche Welle wanting to wait and see if DRM
works- at the SWL FEST, we did receive in fantastic quality DW's DRM
test to North America in incredible quality- there were no audio breaks
Glenn, it sounded incredible!)
I monitored the BBC briefly last night on 6110 in Spanish- I do not
speak Spanish but what I heard was rather intriguing- at 0300 UTC there
was an identification "/this is the BBC World Service in London/" in
English- and back to Spanish.....now why the heck do they air an English
identification on a SP broadcast beamed to central and South

Keep up the great DX reporting!

73s

Bill