Re: [Swprograms] Good price on Grundig/Eton S350DL

Re: [Swprograms] Good price on Grundig/Eton S350DL

A follow-up and an apology:

I think that I have been wrong in asserting that the $100 price I was
touting as being "good" for the Grundig/Eton S350DL from Sieglers was
all that great a deal. It appears from some recently-published Eton ads
that they have *reduced* the list price of the S350DL back down to
where the old plain S350 was! I should have paid closer attention
to the fine print in the ads in recent radio magazines, but I missed
the change.

The old prices were still in the ads printed in the February '06 Monitoring
Times (pp 4 & 5), which list the S350 and S350DL separately at $100
and $150, respectively. However, the corresponding ads in Popular
Communications for both February and March '06 are somewhat different,
and list only the S350DL and give a new $100 list price for it! (I haven't
yet received the March MT.) Also, for anyone who cares, the Grundig/Eton
YB550PE is in both ads, and its list price has dropped from $100 to $80.

I suppose this gives cause to anyone who bought the S350DL at $150 or
some discount from that to gnash their teeth in frustrated anger, and it
should also cause the sale prices of used S350DLs to drop, and the prices
of used S350s to plummet, on eBay and at used-radio dealers. If there are
still new plain S350s on dealer shelves, no one should pay the old $100
list for them now -- I'd guess they should be dumped for half price or so
now.

I haven't gotten my S350DL yet; should come soon if the available date I was
given when I ordered was correct. Anyway, the "good deal" I was touting
turns out to be just a fairly mild discount if the special coupon code was
used. But at least it was better than it had been in previous months.

I hope that my spreading the word on this over the past weeks has been
of some help; I'm sorry that I didn't have all the facts at first.

73, Will