[Swprograms] RNW programming on "Soundprint"

[Swprograms] RNW programming on "Soundprint"

I think it's beneficial for international broadcasting when an example of the genre shows up on "regular" public radio.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA

Short Circuit  Radio Speaker: Listen Online
Produced by: Michele Ernsting
Literally synaesthesia means "a crossing of the senses." In practice synaesthetes may see colors when they hear music, or experience taste when they are touched. Letters and numbers have individual colors and words can appear as paintings. For a long time it was thought that synaesthetes were fabricating their experiences, but recent neurological studies show that they do in fact perceive things like music or words with several senses. In Short Circuit, people with synaesthesia talk about the difficulties of explaining what they see, hear and taste. We also hear from two artists, Carol Steen and Ans Salz, who use their work to translate the complex landscape of their minds. This program was produced by Michele Ernsting of Radio Netherlands as part of our international documentary exchange series, Crossing Boundaries. [ more]

Upright Grand  Radio Speaker: Listen Online
Produced by: Tim Wilson
A document of the poignant moment in the life of Producer Tim Wilson's own mother, a daunting figure and a once-accomplished pianist, now diagnosed with Alzheimer's, when she is forced to leave her apartment, her pearls, and her 'upright grand' to enter 'a home.' Upright Grand turns into a searching examination of the often ambiguous relationship between a mother and son. [more]

  Soundprint is hosted each week by
Barbara Bogaev

Barbara Bogaev

Order a Program CD!
Soundprint now offers your favorite programs on CD. Find out how you can order online or by phone at 1-888-38-TAPES.

Contact Us
Send us your thoughts, comments or questions to info@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

What's on this month on Soundprint? Click to find out.

If you wish to unsubscribe from this list, please click here.