From: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of RAF Wireless
Sent: Wednesday, January 25, 2006 12:00 PM
To: Shortwave programming discussion; softbulletin1@xxxxxxxxx; Shortwave
programming discussion
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] OT: BBC World gears up for American launch

I have to believe that NWI drew a bigger audience than "Current" (aka GoreTV). Who watches "Current" even with Google's backing? It is childish to say the least & praddles on with the "pods" from viewers. It is a shame we can't get any international news currently on DirecTV, although I am happy to have NASA TV finally!

There is an interesting program on LinkTV call "Mosaic" which condenses many Arab newscasts into a 30 minute show. Quite interesting to watch their slant vs. ours on Middle East events.

Otherwise, LinkTV content is pretty whacked, like Current. I want my BBC!

Chris
Buggs Island Virginia