Re: [Swprograms] Peter Gzowski's legacy featured on CBC Archives website

Re: [Swprograms] Peter Gzowski's legacy featured on CBC Archives website

I will go out on a limb here... and really not all that far...  and
say that Gzowski is (was) the best interviewer I have ever heard bar
none in my radio listening experience.  He really listened to what
his subjects were saying and always turned the encounter into a
conversation, rather than just an interview.  He was uniquely able to
both go where the subject wanted to take him as well as elicit the
things he wanted to know simultaneously.  Of course, part of the
credit for that has to go to the format of his program which gave
ample time for a conversation to develop.  No three minute sound
bites there.

I used to record Morningside at home when it was carried by CBC North
shortwave service.  When that ended, I rigged an antenna system so I
could hear CBL 740 Toronto during the day well enough to record.  (I
live about 340 air miles from Toronto... for some reason 940 Montreal
some 200 miles away never made it here all that well except at night.)

To say I was a fan would be an understatement.  To say that Peter is
missed would be a gross understatement.

John Figliozzi
Halfmoon, NY