[Swprograms] OT but a sign of things to come: first-run TV programs to be offered on-demand in USA

[Swprograms] OT but a sign of things to come: first-run TV programs to be offered on-demand in USA

This was mentioned in today's Wall Street Journal --
http://online.wsj.com/article/the_morning_brief.html.

A key comment that's relevant for we international broadcasting
enthusiasts is this:

"NBC Universal Television Group President Jeff Zucker says, the deals
are a recognition of the fact that 'the way people are watching
television is changing. … Putting our content on as many platforms as
possible is the key to our future.'"

One hopes that, as this applies to radio, broadcasters choose these
alternative delivery methods with an eye on accessibility for visually
challenged listeners, for whom radio is a particularly important
medium.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA