Re: [Swprograms] BBC World Service Strategy to 2010 to be announced on Tuesday

Re: [Swprograms] BBC World Service Strategy to 2010 to be announced on Tuesday

So here are some rumors, from http://www.kimandrewelliott.com q.v. for linx:

NEW:  Changes impending at BBC World Service. They will be announced 24
October. Scuttlebutt says World Service will drop Polish, Czech, Slovak,
Hungarian, Slovene, Greek, Croatian, Bulgarian, Kazakh, Thai, Hindi online, and
Brazilian radio, involving 300 to 330 jobs. Also to cut 25 to 35 jobs in World
Service News and Current Affairs. This will free up funds for 140 jobs in the
new, long-planned BBC Arabic television channel, and for 50 to 60 new positions
in World Service Online. See also The Telegraph, 16 October 2005. For fallout
in Thailand see The Nation (Bangkok), 17 October 2005 and 18 October 2005.

73, Glenn Hauser