From: Richard Cuff <richard@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sep 29, 2005 3:09 PM
Subject: Media Network Newsletter
To: rdcuff@xxxxxxxxx

This is the weekly newsletter from Media Network at Radio Netherlands.

Hello from Hilversum,

This week's commentary is about an issue that affects all of you as
well as Radio Netherlands - how to hear us. There are now many
different ways in which people can access radio programming, and the
relative popularity of different platforms varies from country to
country. For international broadcasters, that means that what works
best for one target might not work for another.

At the various broadcasting trade events that have been taking place
over the past few weeks, there has been lots of talk about platforms,
standards and new ways of delivering material to the consumer. That's
fine, but what I didn't hear was talk about ways of finding out what
the consumer actually wants.

Commercial companies are producing electronic gizmos that they hope
will change the way people access the media. But I believe public
broadcasters must resist the temptation to jump straight onto the
bandwagon. The audience will decide when the time is right.

http://www2.rnw.nl/rnw/en/features/media/pub050929.html?view=Standard

Do you agree with me, or have you got views of your own that you'd
like to add? You can use the  interactive form at the bottom of the
article to send us your thoughts.