Re: [Swprograms] BBCWS American coverage

In other words, DRM doesn't really work, right? :)

-----Original Message-----
From: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx] On Behalf Of Glenn Hauser
Sent: Saturday, September 10, 2005 1:43 PM
To: Shortwave programming discussion
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] BBCWS American coverage

There`s the rub, yes and no. Theoretically, DRM requires much less power for
the same results, which is one of its major selling points to gullible
broadcasers, but in practice it can`t get a reliable signal over multi-hop
paths. Actually raising power would help on that but not solve the problem.
That`s why the current tactic is using relay stations with single-hop
coverage
to wherever. Glenn Hauser

> Something I keep forgetting to ask, can a station run less power on DRM
> than needed now on analog to reach a target area? 73s  Bill

shown above.