Re: [Swprograms] Public Radio Confusion

NPR - National Public Radio, headquartered in Washinton DC.  Largely funded
under grants from the Corporation For Public Broadcasting.  Not directly
realated to PBS, the Public TV network but some of the same people sit on
both boards and there are news and information sharing agreemnets between
the networks.

APR - American Public Radio founded in 1983, a division of Minnesota Public
Radio it split into 2 entities, APM and PRI in 1994.

PRI - Public Radio International, a production co-operative between local
Public Radio stations and also a public radio network that is basically in
competition with NPR, however many PRI programs are distributed by NPR to
their affiliates.  PRI was made up from the network radio side of APR and
The Christian Science Monitor's defunt radio network.  BBC World Service
programs are distributed by PRI which leads me to believe that they also
have a chunk of it.

APM - American Public Media is the production arm of Minnesota Public Radio.
It produces programs such as "The Prarie Home Companion", "Marketplace", and
"As It Happens", all of which are distributed by PRI.