[Swprograms] OT: sniglets, Liff, & such

I am not familar with 'sniglets' but they are described on this list as
lexical gaps -- concepts for which no word exists.  So I will chime in with
this -- on of the three of four funniest books I have read is The Meaning of
Liff, by Douglas Adams (of Hitchhikers' Guide fame)

The reason for mentioning it here, is instead of inventing words, Adams (&
co-author Lloyd) recycles geographic place names.  This ties in nicely with
my enjoyment of geography as it relates to radio broadcasting.

The title definition is not one of the better items, but I have copied it
below:

Liff (n.)  A book, the contents of which are totally belied by its cover.
For instance, and book the dust jacket of which bears the words '
This book will change your life.'

Liff also appears on the map as a town in coastal eastern Scotland

ef