Re: [Swprograms] New Sirius channel #144: Radio Korea

Re: [Swprograms] New Sirius channel #144: Radio Korea

However, that last point is speculation on my part.  In response to a
direct question to Sirius yesterday, their answer was that they were
continuing to study the conditions of the CRTC license.  Period.

As to RA, I've sent inquiries/suggestions to both RA and Sirius about
this in the last few months.  Sirius' answer--in effect--was that they
look at all of these requests seriously (no pun intended), but that
they need to be careful about overfilling their line-up with offshore
content.  They went on to say that they are very pleased with WRN
(stream 115) for this purpose and that RA programming is available
there; but--again--are always re-evaluating ways of improving their
service to their subscribers.  I suppose the proof of this--and
perhaps something to give some hope to us who want more--is that
Sirius just added BBC Radio 1 at stream 97 last week.

My response from RA was that the suggestion would be passed up the
line, but that there are significant copyright issues with respect to
music and sport.

John Figliozzi