From: swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
[mailto:swprograms-bounces@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx]On Behalf Of Joel Rubin
Sent: Monday, August 15, 2005 4:16 PM
To: Shortwave programming discussion
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] CBC/RCI substitute programming

On Mon, 15 Aug 2005 11:01:16 -0400, you wrote:

>I haven't tried all of the audio links but the ones I have tried connect, buffer and then stop.  RCI's relay audio link does seem to be working.

There have been some problems with some CBC streams for a while, well
before the strike. For example, the last time I tried
Atlantic/Newfoundland time, Fredericton, New Brunswick 32K WMP feed
didn't work like that but Saint John, NB 32K worked fine. So if one
locality doesn't work and you're trying to get a national program, try
another locality in the same time zone or, if bandwidth and/or
fidelity isn't an issue, try low instead of high or vice versa.

(Just now, Fredericton 32K worked.)

(I group the Atlantic and Newfoundland time zones together because the
CBC programs are on at the same GMT time in both time zones.)

By the way, do you think that CBC chose August, when so many of the
first tier presenters are on vacation, to call the lockout or is this
a function of the labo(u)r negotiations?