[Swprograms] WBCQ Sked Notes

These are not reflected in the latest on-line WBCQ sked dated Aug. 10:

On 8/8/05 UT SUN  0300 on 9330: WoR was on as scheduled, but
then it was followed by the start of a repeat of the then-latest WoR Extra
which was abruptly cut off at 0336 and a WBCQ sign-off followed.

On 8/9/05 UT TUES 0400 on 7415: The "Financial Survival"
program was allowed to run over, and the audio at that time
consisted of someone telling a rather interesting joke. Instead
of listening to what was being aired and cutting it off *after* the
joke was completed (since it was already running late anyway),
it was then chopped off abruptly in mid-word and "Amos & Andy"
begun. Then THAT was allowed to run over and another episode
started and THAT was cut off abruptly at 0419. "Herald of Truth"
followed normally.

UT WED 2100 on 7415: This has been "Undercover Radio"
instead of "Allan Weiner WorldWide" on both 8/3/05 and 8/10/05.

UT THU 1550 tune-in on 17495: The sked doesn't show anything
until "Global Spirit" at 1700, but "Good Friends Radio" was on this
freq an hour+ before then on this day. I suggest that people who remember
to check this and have the mid-day opportunity to do so see if there
is more regular broadcasting on 17495 in the daytime than is indicated
in the sked. Note that this freq IS shown in the Monitoring Times
frequency list as being on-air for WBCQ during these hours; maybe that
is just due to their having registered it for possible use? (Do they have
to pay the FCC that per-hour charge for registered hours they do NOT
actually broadcast during?)

An interesting note on this: 17495 was definitely on Lower SideBand
during this -- I checked repeatedly. Can they switch from CUSB to
CLSB easily simply by flicking a control on the transmitter? Is there
an advantage to one or the other, other than if there is an
interfering signal  one channel up or down to step away from?

On UT THU 8/11/05 duruing the 2100 hour, Good Friends Radio is
listed in the schedule as being on all 3 freqs: 17495, 9330, & 7415.
I just found it interesting that these three were NOT parallel;
there were three different programs on simultaneously. In case
anyone is interested, "Stardate" was on 7415 at about 2135.

On UT FRI 2300 8/12/05 on 9330: Christian Media Network
was on instead of the listed "Good Friends"

On UT SUN 0300 8/14/05 on 9330: Instead of gh's World of Radio,
all I heard was music. WoR might have been on later but there were
local storms so I had poor reception and wasn't using an external
antenna.

Note from Allan Weiner WorldWide Friday night (UT SAT 0000 8/13/05):
Allan is trying to get some sponsorship for late-night broadcasts of
left-wing political programming aimed at Central, Mountain, & Pacific
time-zone
listeners on 7415. Do the propagation experts in these groups think that
this is a viable plan from a coverage/reception standpoint? (I figure it
is wildly unrealistic from a financial standpoint, but that's another issue!
:-)
He specifically wants to get some overnight use of the transmitters that
now go off-air at 0430 UT. Would 9330 be a better choice?

73, Will