[Swprograms] Notes from recent listening

[Swprograms] Notes from recent listening

Hi!

An unexpected airing of gh's WoR was on WBCQ at 2330 Thursday 7/28/05
replacing "Uncle Ed's Musical Memories". Unknown if that program has been
dropped or not -- unfortunately, that's one of the ones I recommended
as worthwhile listening on domestic SWBCs.

UT Saturday 0100 7/30/05 on WBCQ 5105 kHz -- not the listed repeat of Allan
Weiner WorldWide but instead Good Friends Radio. That's in line with
what Allan said last week about GFR taking over 5105 every evening.

As I mentioned in another message, DXing with Cumbre repeated
last week's #461 again this week on every airing I checked.

WBCQ's "Tom and Darryl" show on 7415 at 0400 UT Sundays has
been wasting airtime and tx power by broadcasting very old repeat
programs. At least they DO announce at the start that they will be
a repeat, but the 7/31 one was from Aug '03. The person introducing
this repeat DID say that there would be new programs coming up
shortly; I believe he said that the hosts were coming back from
travelling somewhere.

73, Will