[Swprograms] A Retrograde Decision

I listened to the English program from Radio Slovakia on Friday evening.  Mention was made in the news summary that Slovak government committees would be meeting next week to decide the fate of the shortwave services of Radio Slovakia International.  Pete Miller, the Friday host, called the proposed shutdown of the shortwave services a "retrograde" development.  He sounded very resigned to this, as if it is a fait accompli, and no mention was made of getting listener's feedback to try to stop it.  He did say there would be "redundancies"... one wonders whether he himself is threatened by that.
The program included a feature on a Dobro guitar festival held in the town where the inventor of the dobro guitar lived.  They interviewed American bluegrass star Sam Bush.
I didn't realize the dobro came from Slovakia.
-Scott Walker
-New Cumberland PA USA