[Swprograms] "Nobody Does Web Radio Better Than BBC" - LA Times article

[Swprograms] "Nobody Does Web Radio Better Than BBC" - LA Times article

I first spotted this over on the ODXA reflector -- thought it would
interest folks here.

See the link here:
http://www.latimes.com/technology/la-fi-technopolis10jul10,0,5398310.column?coll=la-home-headlines
or http://tinyurl.com/c6gnj.

The article heaps much praise for the diversity of BBC's total web
radio output, but the most interesting element of this IMHO is the
discussion whether the domestic services (Radio 1 through 7) will
continue to be available to us non-Brits free of charge.

This is because the web costs for these online offerings of domestic
services come from the license fee, not the Foreign & Commonwealth
Office.

There appears to be a video tour of the website as well -- I haven't
looked at that yet.

I agree with the author that the BBC's web offerings, taken together,
are among the best out there, though I would argue that the depth of
audio archives available from the ABC's Radio National Service keep
them a strong contender for "best of the web" as well.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA  USA