Re: [Swprograms] Satellite approved with strong CanCon rules

Re: [Swprograms] Satellite approved with strong CanCon rules

Or it means that, for Sirius and XM's 120 channels, they'd need 14
Canadian channels.

My guess is that Sirius and/or XM would be able to disable channels on
receivers sold in Canada to meet these requirements.  I suspect that's
done at the receiver level, and I would wager it isn't that difficult
to program.

If that's the case, then I wonder if "grey market" imports will
continue -- for those who want the additional channels?

All things considered, this seems to be a reasonable approach.  I
could see radio broadcasters appeal the 8:1 ratio, though -- lobbying
that they ought to be held to the same standard.

Richard Cuff / eagerly waiting for CBC R1 on his Sirius receiver /
Allentown, PA  USA