[Swprograms] Cousin Brucie goes Sirius

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/gossip/story/317561p-271610c.html

Sirius change for cuz Brucie

Cousin Brucie will be coming at you again soon - without commercials.

Bruce Morrow - a familiar New York radio voice for decades until being
unceremoniously bounced last week from WCBS-FM - signed a five-year
deal with Sirius Satellite Radio yesterday to anchor three shows a
week, beginning next month.

"I am riding so high - I'm on a rocket ride; I'm above a satellite,"
Morrow gushed yesterday. "They've given me a national audience."

The Brooklyn-born Morrow, 67, blasted his former employer for
notifying him at 3 p.m. last Friday that the station was ditching its
oldies format - and its deejays - for a iPod-like format called "Jack"
in 90 minutes.

"Broadcasters are not making decisions anymore - business is," said
Morrow, a New York radio mainstay since the late 1950s.

"This is New York City. You can't pull the plug like that on the New
York audience."

Morrow said he will do two rock 'n' roll shows a week for Sirius,
including a live Saturday night show.

In addition, he plans a "lifestyle" program that will involve talk,
interviews, audience conversations and probably music.

Owen Moritz