Re: [Swprograms] R. Marti

I have this think for R. Marti which in my opinion is the biggest waste of
my tax dollars there is.  Considering that VOA has suffered cut backs the
way they have yet Marti seems to be going strong.  Funny thing is this past
week I noticed that Marti was running a baseball game between Boston Red Sox
and NY Yanks and the jammers where turned off.  To waste the time usually
spent by radio and tv adverts, Marti kept playing this jingle over and over
till the game was resumed.  When the game was over, the jammers where turned
back on.  What a rip.

Maybe I have missed the skinny on Radio Marti because I don't speak the
language but I just can't see its purpose if jammed.  It sure screws up the
shortwave band with the broad band jammers used by the Cubans.

Bob Montgomery