Re: [Swprograms] Trojan horses

Mike's argument below captures a fundamental argument for any
bureaucratic organization.  Absent the financial checks & balances of
the commercial sector, public organizations go through growth and
contraction cycles that tend to be noisier than for private (i.e.
commercial) corporations, whose shareholders rein then in more
closely.

Organization design studies have long held this to be so...I remember
reading such a book in the late 1970s when I joined a consultant under
contract to the US EPA.

Richard Cuff / Allentown, PA