[Swprograms] Lobby RTE to resume SW from Ireland

[Swprograms] Lobby RTE to resume SW from Ireland

** IRELAND. Glenn, The decision by Worldspace to start charging for
their services clearly illustrates the wrong decision RTÉ made last
year on withdrawing their daily short wave broadcasts. In Africa alone
there are thousands of Irish religious, governmental and non-
governmental aid workers, hundreds of Irish troops serving with the UN
peace keeping forces and in South Africa alone there are thousands of
Irish passport holders. This is also true of other areas around the
globe. I have also noticed that RTÉ have quietly reduced their feed to
the North American service of WRN which was increased following their
withdrawal from short wave. Can I ask people who would like to see RTÉ
return to short wave to please e-mail their views to hearus @ rte.ie
and hopefully people power will rule once more! Kind regards, (Paul
Guckian, Co Clare, Ireland, May 14, DX LISTENING DIGEST)