Re: [Swprograms] New Direct To Home TV Satellite

Joe Buch wrote:

> It sounds like we will have in two years a satellite capable of broadcasting TV direct-to-home from a location over the mid-Atlantic Ocean.  It should be
visibile from North America, Africa, South America and Europe leading one to
suspect it may be used by international broadcasters to bypass local gatekeepers.

But not a very discreet way to get information if, indeed, foreign media are
banned. Somehow, a tiny shortwave radio with a retractable antenna seems more
appropriate.

Ricky Leong
Calgary

--