[Swprograms] Int'l Radio Report 2005-02-13

[Swprograms] Int'l Radio Report 2005-02-13

Hello all,
The International Radio Report has been uploaded onto our archive site:
http://mediajct.homeip.net/radioreport
73 and happy listening,
Ricky

P.S. I have been experiencing connectivity problems with my Internet service
provider in the past two days. If you are experiencing difficulties reaching
these links, please try again at a later time, and I apologize for the
inconvenience.

-----[ MAIN PAGE ]-----
http://mediajct.homeip.net/radioreport

-----[ STREAMING AUDIO FILES (left click) ]-----
(LO) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-050213-8kps.ram
(HI) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-050213-16kps.ram

-----[ DOWNLOAD AUDIO FILES (right-click, save link/target as) ]-----
(LO) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-050213-8kps.rm
(HI) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-050213-16kps.rm

-----[ THIS WEEK'S TEXT-ONLY SUMMARY ]-----
http://mediajct.homeip.net/radioreport/summaries/2005-02-13.html

-----[ ARCHIVE OF TEXT-ONLY SUMMARIES ]-----
http://mediajct.homeip.net/radioreport/summaries

=====[ IN THIS WEEK'S PROGRAM ]=====
- Broadcaster Daniel Feist dies, age 51
 > Hosted show called Rhythms International on Mix 96 for 16 years
 > Had chronicled his lung cancer in Montreal Gazette

- Robert Earle Fisher, former host of RCI Listener's Corner, dies, age 88

- People are protesting against proposed changes to CKAC 730
 > Corus purchase should lead to new format, gutted newsroom
 > Demonstration today at 1 p.m., corner Peel/Ste. Catherine
 > www.sosmaradio.com

- Looking for Murray Sherrifs off Mix 96
 > Lawyers for Q92 (former employer) force Mix to take him off air

- King of Nepal orders media blackout outside Kathmandu
 > Local radio and TV stations off the air
 > Army personnel have taken stations
 > Talk about rebel uprising, change/takeover in government banned
 > Thousand journalists layed off

- Images/news of confrontation banned from Venezualan airwaves

- BBC producer shot dead in Somalia
 > Kate Payton, 39, started at BBC Radio

- Haitian radio reporter for Radio Megastar shot
 > Gunmen were in moving vehicle outside studio
 > Had received telephone threats after calling for investigation into corruption

- Opposition radio station bombed in Ecuador

- CBC reveals local/regional programming strategy
 > Needs $83 million annually to rebuild regional services
 > Geographic/programming gaps addressed
 > News, culture, current events

- Crazy Radio gives patients a voice
 > Station in Argentina is the first to broadcast from a mental hospital
 > Therapeutic purposes, too
 > Approximately 12 million listeners
 > May begin to participate on local cable access channel

- Radio remains popular among African-Americans, Arbitron says