Reloj, Glenn, All-news (was: Re: [Swprograms] Thank You)

Reloj, Glenn, All-news (was: Re: [Swprograms] Thank You)

Glenn puts a lot of work into compiling the most interesting (and timely)
radio-related news from several radio-related groups, lists, websites, and
personal correspondence.

I know there is no way I could every review as much source information as
Glenn -- I don't have the free time.

As John (and Glenn) both mentioned, Reloj has been relatively audible on MW
during these winter nights, more so than some US-based MW stations on the
same frequencies, though we might have more success with them here in PA
then you might up in MI.

I would personally think that the clockwork-like format of RR would get
tiresome after a few minutes, though it would be an interesting experiment
for one of the commercial USA or Canada all-news stations (e.g. KYW, WTOP,
WCBS, WINS, CFTR, KQV, KNX) to try a format like this in English.

Stations with all-news formats seem to change very little over the
years...in many ways KYW sounds about the same as it did when I moved to the
region in 1979.  It would seem unnatural if they changed the format -- it's
a comfort thing, sort of like a conversation with an old friend.

Richard Cuff
Allentown, PA  USA