[Swprograms] Int'l Radio Report 2005-01-09 / New main page

[Swprograms] Int'l Radio Report 2005-01-09 / New main page

Hello all,
As promised, the International Radio Report has moved off FortuneCity and onto a "real" web server -- without the banner ads and pop-ups. The main page, audio files and program summaries dating back to May 2000 are now available at this location: http://mediajct.homeip.net/radioreport
Regards and happy listening,
Ricky

-----[ MAIN PAGE ]-----
http://http://mediajct.homeip.net/radioreport

-----[ STREAMING AUDIO FILES (left click) ]-----
(LO) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-050109-8kps.ram
(HI) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-050109-16kps.ram

-----[ DOWNLOAD AUDIO FILES (right-click, save link/target as) ]-----
(LO) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-050109-8kps.rm
(HI) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-050109-16kps.rm

-----[ THIS WEEK'S TEXT-ONLY SUMMARY ]-----
http://mediajct.homeip.net/radioreport/summaries/2005-01-02.html

-----[ ARCHIVE OF TEXT-ONLY SUMMARIES ]-----
http://mediajct.homeip.net/radioreport/summaries

=====[ IN THIS WEEK'S PROGRAM ]=====

Special guest: Steven Jones, ex-CKUT radio host

- Steve Jones talks about radio and social activism

- Amateur radio operators provide help during Tsunami disaster

- Montreal Amateur Radio Club ham radio course begins on Jan. 15
> Sign-up deadline has passed, but check if there might be room
> Cost: $100; Exam is April 2, supplemental April 19
> ve2@xxxxxx -- (514) 697-7205

- The voice of WWV, Marty Edwards, has died
> He will live on the air on 2.5, 5, 10, 15 and 20 MHz

- New station heard on 1630 kHz Watertown, oldies heard
> Ivey Hill valley
> Supposed to be a part 15 station, but can be heard 10 miles away in daytime

- MW conditions very good on Tuesday
> U.S. Virgin Islands heard on 1620 kHz
> XEW on 900 kHz

- Country music "fraud" for the single "The Bumper of my SUV"