Re: [Swprograms] Radio Australia via the 'Net

Re: [Swprograms] Radio Australia via the 'Net

Keith:

Because RA is carrying cricket on all its sw frequencies over the summer period, it has shut down its internet feeds so as not to violate copyright restrictions on the netcasting of cricket.  The question that enters my mind is why not just shut down the net feed only during the hours that cricket is being broadcast, instead of the entire service?  I will pose this question to RA directly and get back to you and this list with their response.  (Cricket is being broadcast continuously from 2330 to 0730 during the weekdays, AFAIK.)

Try the Radio National and ABC Newsradio internet feeds as alternatives in the meantime.

John Figliozzi
Halfmoon, NY
Has anyone on the list been able to listen to Radio Australia in English online? I've tried both Real and Windows Media since Sunday following news of the earthquake in Indonesia. Windows Media Player brings up an announcement that they are having technical difficulties with the streaming.

Fortunately, the domestic Radio National and NewsRadio networks of the ABC in Australia are streaming online normally, I've especially been listening to NewsRadio from Australia.

73, Keith Anderson, Houston, TX, USA