Date: Mon, 27 Dec 2004 02:18:42 +0100
From: G.Victor A .Goonetilleke <victorg@xxxxxx>
Subject: Re: Christmas and New Year Wishes
To: malamb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Great to hear from you. Will respond soon.
All of us are ok here. Trying hard to organize some emmergency
communications and also doing some food destributions and things like that.
Snce the affected areas are so widespread things are very hard. Everyone
within 1000metres or so of the coast have been badly affected right along
the coast from North to South on the eastern side of the island. In some
areas as fari as 2-3kms. On the Western side not so bad, about 100metres
from the coast.as the  quake was on the Eastern side of the island and the
tidal waves came from the East/ S.East.  You would have seen the vast
destruction..frightening..

regards
Victor