[Swprograms] BBCR4 tribute to Allistair Cooke

[Swprograms] BBCR4 tribute to Allistair Cooke

1900 GMT Saturday according to an announcement on BBCR4 FM RA stream.
probably actually a few minutes later after the news and probably on
listen again. I don't know if this is a repeate of a previous program.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/cgi-perl/whatson/search/daylist.cgi?tmp=whatson/sdk/radio4/daylist_radio4.tmpl&day=Today&service_id=49700

19:00  	 	Remembering Alistair Cooke
"I'm sure you expect me to say I'm sorry not to be with you tonight.
Well, on the whole I'm not sorry. Radio broadcasters should be heard
and not seen".

On October 15th this year these words, spoken by Alistair Cooke
himself, echoed around Westminster Abbey, listened to by over 2000
friends, family and colleagues who had gathered to commemorate his
life. They are also the opening words of this special Christmas Day
BBC Radio tribute to Cooke, in which those friends, family and
colleagues remember Cooke's broadcasting career and his rich and long
life.

Alistair Cooke was a man of many talents and passions. He was a witty
and erudite public speaker and essayist, a jazzman, a golf and tennis
fanatic, a television presenter and a friend to the stars of
journalism, politics, music, sports and Hollywood. James Naughtie
presents this tribute to a renaissance man and icon of broadcasting.