Re: [Swprograms] Sorta OT -- Sirius question: Status of CBC offerings?

Re: [Swprograms] Sorta OT -- Sirius question: Status of CBC offerings?

1.) CBC not yet on. Best guess now is possibly 1stQ 2005. Awaiting CRTC approval of Sirius Canada application. Interestingly, PRI World (stream 108) has just recently added several CBC Radio One programs including AIH, DNTO, The Sunday Edition and Ideas to its schedule. I'm not aware that CBC Radio Two is ever intended for Sirius carriage.

2.) The in-dash OEM receivers with Sirius capability built in and the home stereo Sirius receivers provide the best audio. Having said that, the drop off in quality (if one can call it that) with "plug and play" is not all that critical and the quality is governed more by the amplifier, et al to which you have it mated. "Plug and Play" are also much more versatile, permitting use in a number of venues (including home, auto and boombox) with just one subscription. Plug and play is the way to go, IMHO. One seems to be as good as the next. Weigh price against desired features and available plug-in alternatives (such as boombox).

FWIW.

John Figliozzi

PS: And congratulations on your new Christmas gift. You will love it. :-))