Re: [Swprograms] CBC on XM Satellite Radio

Re: [Swprograms] CBC on XM Satellite Radio

Joe Buch writes
> At 02:41 PM 12/9/04 -0500, John Figliozzi wrote:
>
> >There'll be Canadian content on XM; but no CBC Radio.  The CBC is partnered with Sirius and Standard Radio in the Sirius Canada venture.  I doubt they would make their product available to a direct competitor.  But, today?  Who knows for sure?  :-))
> >
> >But there has been NO announcement from XM or CBC regarding CBC Radio carriage on XM.  And I don't expect to see one.

	There are several satellite only channels from CBC radio
	now.  I would imagine that the feed would go there to XM.
	As it is they feed the WRN shortwave from Galaxy satellite
	through the one TPI in Toronto and then have Minnesota
	PRI buy it for their Frozen-Overnigts segment.

	---------
" Galaxie is CBC/Radio-Canadas 24-hour-a-day
digital pay audio service, available through satellite, cable
and microwave digital distribution systems. With nearly
four million paid subscriptions, Galaxie increased its
contribution to the Corporations net income in 2003-2004.
Galaxie also helped to fulfil CBC/Radio-Canadas cultural
mandate by promoting Canadian artists and, as required
by the CRTC, contributed money to indigenous musical
talent development.
For more information please see:
cbc.radio-canada.ca/htmen/highlights/arts.pdf"
        ---------