[Swprograms] Int'l Radio Report 2004-10-24 (New message format)

[Swprograms] Int'l Radio Report 2004-10-24 (New message format)

** NOTE: YOUR FEEDBACK IS REQUESTED on the new "format"
** used in this weekly message.
** Please direct e-mail to rleong(at)vif.com
** Thanks, and 73s --- Ricky

Hello all, The International Radio Report has been uploaded onto our archive site. Regards and happy listening, Ricky

-----[ MAIN PAGE ]-----
http://members.fortunecity.com/crazyaboutradio

-----[ STREAMING AUDIO FILES (left click) ]-----
(LO) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-041024-8kps.ram
(HI) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-041024-16kps.ram

-----[ DOWNLOAD AUDIO FILES (right-click, save link/target as) ]-----
(LO) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-041024-8kps.rm
(HI) http://www.vif.com/users/rleong/radioreport/radioreport-041024-16kps.rm

-----[ THIS WEEK'S TEXT-ONLY SUMMARY ]-----
http://members.fortunecity.com/crazyaboutradio/2004-10-24.html

-----[ ARCHIVE OF TEXT-ONLY SUMMARIES ]-----
http://members.fortunecity.com/crazyaboutradio/all.html

=====[ IN THIS WEEK'S PROGRAM ]=====

- Radio station Energie 102.3 in Trois Rivières sells last Expos hot dog for charity
> Auctioned on E-Bay for $2,605 by the Cirque du Soleil
> Plastic cast of sausage; dried, varnished bun; actual sausage in jar of formaldehyde

- U.S. elections coming up, and liberal talk radio is flourishing
> Air America has new stations in many markets
> WLIB New York is presenting challenge to WOR and WABC in lastest ratings
> WTWK Plattsburgh carries Air America on 1070 (daytime)

- Police trying to find person who hung Red Sox flag/banner on WTLB radio tower
> Climbing AM tower with power on is a bad idea...

- FBI looking into Texas transmitter sites being broken into
> Cell, pager, broadcast sites being tampered with

- Saboteur knocks Orlando radio stations off the air

- New MW signal from Buffalo, NY
> WSRR on 1700 kHz, appears unlicensed
> Appears to be rebroadcast of Internet stream
> Solid Rock Radio was on shortwave in 1990s

- CBC Radio One special on Sunday Edition of Oct. 31
> What It's Like to Sleep with the Elephant
> Relations with United States

- Ham and radio repairman in Amarillo, Tex., bequeaths $1.25 million to start public radio station
> KJJP 105.7 FM @ 43 kW

- Radio for Peace International turns 17
> Still evicted from campus in Costa Rica
> Has just signed deal with Pacifica Radio that aims to return it to shortwave within 6-12 months

- Remember to listen for pirates on Halloween
> Try around 6200-6300, 6800-6950, ~11000, ~13000, ~27500 kHz

- We return to Eastern Standard Time next week

-30-