[Swprograms] Jerky Proms

** U K.  For at least the past week, my ability to enjoy live Prom Concert
broadcasts on BBC Radio 3 has been severely compromised. No matter what I do, I
can`t get a listenable stream; instead it is ``jerky, echoey``, as best I can
describe it verbally. This sometimes happens with other stations, but it`s
always the case now with R3. Are others having the same problem, perhaps caused
by too much demand on the server? It`s supposedly running at 44 kbps.

On this week`s Feedback, BBCR4, Sunday Aug 1 at 1900, I learnt that I wasn`t
the only one getting the wrong stream last week. BBCR1 via BBCR3 was not
mentioned, but someone complained that BBCR4 and BBC7 were both carrying BBCR1
programming for an hour. Excuse: something broke, and there was no human around
to fix it immediately. When there is such a failure, the default is to BBCR1!
--- No matter how grating, even offensive it may be to fans of BBCR3 or 4! More
great management at one of the world`s greatest(?) broadcasters, where you
would think with megapounds of subsidies, they could afford at least to have
one human being overseeing the technical operation at all times (Glenn Hauser,
OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)