Re: [Swprograms] BBC E-mail: US channel's BBC remarks censured

Re: [Swprograms] BBC E-mail: US channel's BBC remarks censured

Maryanne Kehoe graced hard-core-dx.com with these words of wisdom:

> ** Message **
> Media bias?
>
> ** US channel's BBC remarks censured **
> UK media watchdog Ofcom criticises US channel Fox News over on-air
> views about the "anti-American" BBC.

What do you think the response would have been if, instead of saying on
air that the BBC had a rabid anti-Americanism, Fox News had gone to Ofcom
to get the BBC censured for it?

And for what it's worth, I think there *is* a reflexive anti-Americanism
at parts of the BBC, at least.  I'm reminded of the blackout last August,
when the BBCWS's "World Today" program tried to portray what happened in
New York as "chaos", while Toronto allegedly handled the situation much
better.  Having listened to both the BBC and New York AM stations, it was
clear that people in both cities handled things equally well, and there
wasn't any chaos.

--
Ted Schuerzinger <fedya at bestweb dot net>
The way I see it, you raised three children who could knock out and hog-