[Swprograms] Literature about shortwave

Paul's mention of the poem "Atwater Kent" gives me a good opening to ask for list member recommendations of literature that has a segment about shortwave or any form of long distance radio listening. Some of the examples I know of include Hubert Selby's "Last Exit to Brooklyn," Michael Chabon's "Kavalier and Clay," and Stanley Elkin's "Dick Gibson."

I am working on a project where I am creating radio drama style vignettes from some of these excerpts. Hopefully I will present these as part of my Listening Lounge forum at next year's Shortwave Winterfest in Kulpsville, PA. Thanks in advance for your suggestions.

David