Re: [Swprograms] OT: Webcast Venus Transit from Australia

Re: [Swprograms] OT: Webcast Venus Transit from Australia

Joe Buch graced hard-core-dx.com with these words of wisdom:

> CSIRO To Webcast Rare Astronomical Event
>
> In 1769 they sent people around the world to see this. Today, we can
> watch it in real time from multiple points on Earth all from the
> comfort of our own desktop.

For a more SW-relevant post on the transit :-), the subject of Monday's
"Research File" on Radio Nederlands is the transit.

Listeners in Europe might be able to pick up the broadcasts to Africa at
1830 UTC and 2000 UTC on 11655 kHz (from Flevoland) or 9895 kHz (from
Madagascar)

Listeners in North America can hear it at 0030 and 0130 UTC on 9845 kHz,
or at 0430 UTC on 6165 or 9590 kHz.

(All frequencies are from the current edition of "On Target"; I hope none
of them have been changed!)

I heard the 1130 UTC broadcast, and it's an interesting topic.

--
Ted Schuerzinger <fedya at bestweb dot net>
The way I see it, you raised three children who could knock out and hog-