[Swprograms] TRANSIT OF VENUS

As has been widely mentioned, 8 June sees the transit of Venus, due, I believe, from around 05:00-10:00 UTC.  This is obviously the first event of its kind in the radio era, but do we have any idea as to whether it might have any effect on radio listening conditions.

I am reminded of the spectacular, though short-lived, effects on MW reception in particular of the 1999 solar eclipse as noted from my listening location in central London.
PAUL DAVID,
Wembley Park, United Kingdom