From: "Joe Buch" <joseph.buch@xxxxxxx>
To: "Shortwave programming discussion" <swprograms@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, April 28, 2004 7:04 PM
Subject: [Swprograms] Quirks and Quarks this weekend

Hello,

This week on Quirks & Quarks our feature item is:

"The Tyranny of Choice."

Everywhere you look, our choices seem to be multiplying. Whether we're
choosing coffee, mortgages or cars, the varieties are vast. But despite
the wealth of choices we have available, we seem to be more miserable
than ever.

Dr Barry Schwartz thinks he knows why. The psychologist points to
studies that show that as our choices multiply, our ability to choose
well decreases, and our happiness with the result declines.  The
paradox is that the more opportunities we have, the less likely we are to
enjoy
them.  And it's all because of the peculiar way our brains work.

Plus - Going, going, gonads ....

All this and more on Quirks & Quarks,  Saturday right after the noon
news on Radio One.

Bob McDonald
Host
____