[Swprograms] Fwd: DX-Tuners Newsletter april 2004

[Swprograms] Fwd: DX-Tuners Newsletter april 2004

Note: forwarded message attached.

http://taxes.yahoo.com/filing.html
--- Begin Message ---
DX-Tuners Newsletter April 2004
================================

Dear Member,

We will start sending this newsletter to you on a monthly basis.
As of today we have 52 receivers on our ever growing network with many
more on the way.

Last newsletter was sent in the summer of 2003.
Lots of new things have happened since then.

Topics:

* Promotion weekend
* New DX-Tuner additions - we now have 52 receivers on the network.
* New portal - The old web site has been replaced with a brand new portal.
* New name - From now on we are called DX-Tuners!
* Win a brand new receiver on the portal.
* Upgrade your Guest account for free.
* Clean up of the user database

Promotion weekend
---------------------
We have so many new receiver additions and we would like to show them to
you all.
This weekend we are running a special promotion where we will open up a
number of receivers to the guest level.

New DX-Tuner additions
--------------------------
South America:
- San Antonio DX-Tuner in Venezuela, a JRC NRD 545 DSP super receiver online.
- Demo South America. A PCR-1000 located on high elevation.

Europe:
- MW Beverage. A commercial grade Icom receiver with 400 meter Beverage antenna for MW DX.
- Rommele Super DX. An Icom IC R75 with a switchable EWE antenna array.
- ACARS UK. This is the ACARS listeners wet dream. A dedicated ACARS receiver with a tuned 131 MHz GP antenna in Kent UK.
- ACARS SE/DK. A dedicated ACARS receiver with a tuned 131 MHz GP antenna in the Copenhagen region.
- London East. The Yaesu FT-736 put online in Bromley near London.
- Colchester. An interesting addition. The HAM rig IC-706 online.
- Lancashire, UK. A PCR-1000 with pretty good reception.
- Bristol, UK. A receiver in the largest city in the south west of England
- Geneva, Switzerland. We are proud to have this receiver near Lake Geneva.
- Wernigerrode, Germany. This old town goes back to the 13-th century.
- Cologne, Germany. A PCR-100 online right in the city.
- Stuttgart, Germany. The AOR 8600 online. Excellent hardware.

North America:
- Washington DC. An Icom PCR-100 located close to Washington DC.
- Long Beach, California. An Icom PCR-1000 located near the beach.
- Maryland. This RX PCR-1000 is located near the Andrews AF base.
- Texas. You will find this Icom located right between Dallas and FT Worth.
- Florida 1 and 2. Two exciting receivers on the space coast.
- Laguna Hills, California. This RX is located in Orange County, Southern California.
- Corona, California. A PCR-1000 online in western Riverside County, Southern California.
- Palos Hills, Illinois. This DX-Tuner uses an AOR-AR3000a.
- Toronto, Canada. This PCR-100 is centrally located in the Toronto area.
- Vancouver. PCR-1000 online on west coast, Canada.
- Vancouver VHF - PCR-100 downtown VHF receiver.
- Moosonee, Canada. This is a very remote area. Good antenna for DX.

Middle East / Asia
- Dubai, United Arab Emirates. This receiver is on a modem. It performs well. Up 4 hours per day.
- Kathmandu, Nepal. Listen to the Mt Everest expeditions live.

New Portal
--------------
The new portal is running on a J2EE (Java 2 Enterprise Edition) platform.
This makes further development easy for us.
We have a stable platform to build our network on.

New name
------------
As some of you have noticed we are no longer Javaradio.
Our new name is DX-Tuners. "DX" is an old radio term/abbreviation and it
means distant.
This reflects what we really do and that is of course tuning remotely located
receivers.

Win a brand new receiver on the portal
Right now we are having a contest where the winner gets a commercial grade
shortwave receiver.
Check it out here http://www.dxtuners.com/index.jsp?ib_page=96

Upgrade your Guest account for free
---------------------------------------
Right now we have a special offer where you can upgrade your account to
"Advanced" level for free.
Login and find out more

Clean up of the user database
Finally we have cleaned up the database. We removed all unused accounts.
This will free up names for new Dx-Tuner's member's

Next DX-Tuner news will come in May 2004.
Have a great time on DX-Tuners

Best regards

DX-Tuners April 2004 Editor
Kelly Lindman