Re: [Swprograms] New BBC Chairman is Michael Grade, former CEO of Channel 4

Re: [Swprograms] New BBC Chairman is Michael Grade, former CEO of Channel 4

> http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/main.jhtml?xml=/news/2004/04/02/nbeeb02.xml
>
> Grade is named as chairman of BBC
> By Tom Leonard, Media Editor
> (Filed: 02/04/2004)
> Michael Grade, the former chief executive of Channel 4, was named this morning as the
> new chairman of the BBC.
> Although it was not officially confirmed, the BBC's News 24 channel announced at
> 12.30am that he would be appointed to the post today.
> Mr Grade, 61, is a former controller of BBC1 and director of BBC television
> programmes. He left to run Channel 4 where his record as a public service broadcaster
> was often controversial.
> He was branded "pornographer in chief" after introducing explicit programmes such as
> The Word and Eurotrash.
> Gavyn Davies, the previous chairman, resigned in January following criticism of the
> BBC and its governors in the Hutton report.
> [...]
---------
	The BBC has it as lead spec item too.

	But who's D-G?  That's the everyday working
	part with a hand into the BBCWS that dropped
	East Asia Today last week.

	Media.Guardian.Co.Uk seems to indicate that
	our Mark Byford is on the outs, despite being
	acting D-G.

                                        Daniel Say