Sent: Tuesday, March 30, 2004 6:28 AM
Subject: Re: [Swprograms] Alistair Cooke dead at 95

On 30 Mar 2004 at 3:18, SaulBro@xxxxxxx wrote:

> Sorry to greet your morning with bad news, but the BBCWS just announced the
> death of this grand old man.  End of an era, IMO.  The old "Letters From
> America" that have been aired after his recent retirement will become, ironically,
> memorials.

If you'll look at the bottom of the page you'll notice

A special tribute to Alistair Cook will be broadcast on BBC Radio Four at 2100 BST on Tuesday 30 March, 2004 and on World Service at 1030 GMT, 1430GMT (not Europe) and 2130 GMT (Europe) on Tuesday 30 March, 2004.

Also, see the Radio 4 "Letter from America" page where they have a link to the audio-on- demand of this program:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/programmes/letter_from_america/default.stm

> Sadly,

Well, most of us will die younger without having accomplished as much. So if death in these circumstances is sad then the entire human condition is sad.