[Swprograms] VOA'S OUR WORLD DROPS A CLANGER

[Swprograms] VOA'S OUR WORLD DROPS A CLANGER

It's bad enough hearing about the swingeing cuts at VOA for the new season.  However, I was listening to the 01:33 UTC transmission of the Our World programme on 27 March 2004, and at the end Presenter Roseanne Skirble (apologies if I have spelled her name incorrectly) listed the frequencies which would carry the 18:00 UTC broadcast of the programme from next weekend.  The first frequency she mentioned was "nine point zero nine" MHz.  The delivery of SW frequency in MHz is not normal practice these days, but in this instance somebody obviously put the decimal point in the wrong place, as it obviously should have read "point nine zero nine" MHz, and of course refers to the 909 kHz *Medium* Wave transmitter in Botswana.
PAUL DAVID,
Wembley Park, United Kingdom