[Swprograms] Things are better than I feared

[Swprograms] Things are better than I feared

Hi, all!
Since my earlier posting was somewhat testy in tone, due to my having just gone
thru some computer and software problems, I just wanted to say that the new
SWPrograms list hosting and archive-reading is better than I feared back then,
and I am now generally pleased with the way it is working. I'm at a library now,
with a high-speed data connection, and getting to the archives and especially
reading through them is now far faster and better than it is (or was) on Topica.

The "thread" feature of the archives is a blessing; something that I had often wished
for on Topica. And just using the "next date" option in the archives' command line
gets me really quick jumps from one to the next posting. I was able to quickly scan
thru the recent postings and the one I printed out (the latest RA previews)
printed fine, without extraneous stuff displayed, and also seemed to be set up
in such a way that it automatically sized itself to the printed page, not running off
the right-hand margin. I sure wish all web pages of text did that! I am forever losing
data off the right when pages are set up too wide (sometimes even too wide for
landscape-mode printing!).

So anyway I'm happy with the new setup. (Not that what I personally want really
makes any difference, but I just wanted to thank the list setters-up and maintainers
for doing a good job and being responsive in these initial teething days...)

73, Will Martin