Re: [IRCA] Headphones for Drake R8

Sorry for the late reply on this Stan; been away for a few days.

As you know, the R8 has a mono headphone jack but that was never an issue as there are inexpensive adaptors for 1/4" phone to 3.5mm stereo jacks. So, that considerably widens the potential range of headphones to choose from.

Over the years, the headphone question pops up on various lists, and inevitably the answers come back, "I use XYZ type, and I like them" and there seem to be a lot of different models named. It hasn't happened this time. Maybe everyone is at the beach.

So, I'll start the ball rolling: JVC HA-RX500 http://av.jvc.com/product.jsp?modelId=MODL028042&;, recommended by someone on the Ultralight list when they went through their "headphone question" period.

$30 or so, sound fine with the R8 and others....but I'm no audiophile DXer. To be honest, if they're comfortable and don't fall apart (unlike the more expensive Sennheisers I had before this), they'll do for me, and these have been doing fine.

best wishes,

Nick