[IRCA] S. AZ TPs, Monday 8/22

I listen most mornings with the new 140' W DKAZ but conditions have been poor lately; I don't report hets or faint traces of audio.

This morning was a little better.

I strung a 1100' E/W longwire last week but found it picked up high levels of AC noise from a parallel powerline some short distance away (30-40')and was completely useless for weak signals--I took it down today. It was worth a try as I had no idea how much, if any, a parallel powerline might couple to the longwire. Now I know! I'll eventually try another location that's much farther away from the powerline and hope for better results.

Steve

near Sahuarita, AZ

R75; 140' W DKAZ

747 presumed Japan, very poor 1151 utc

774 presumed Japan, very poor 1149 utc

1566 HLAZ, first noted 1243 utc, poor/weak on peak lasting a minute, faded out after about 1300 utc.

1575 presumed VOA, very poor/poor 1245 utc