[IRCA] Domestic MWDX to Enid OK, July 22-28, 2016

--- Begin Message ---
All times and dates strictly UT [4 hours ahead of `ELT` during EDT; when changing times one must also change the dates for events in the 00-04 UT period to the previous date by ELT].

Rx: mostly DX-398 with internal antenna only or PL-880; NRD-545 with ALA-330S inside E-W or inside randomwire N-S; Nissan stock caradio as specified; IC-R75 with E-W longwire

These logs are excerpts from my daily all-band reports, mainly SWBC, also VHF/UHF, sometimes, utility, ham, which may be found in several archives without much delay, such as

All my MW DX reports starting August 2011 are archived in this forum with open access:
http://forums.wtfda.org/showthread.php?6543-MW-DX-from-Enid-OK-by-Glenn-Hauser/page49

These logs are in four sections, Canada [if any], Oklahoma [if any], rest of USA,Âunidentified [if any], separated by ======= Within each, they are in frequency order

** OKLAHOMA. 780, July 23 at 0232 UT, KSPI open carrier is still on with dead air, making fast SAH with WBBM audible if I null Stillwater, where the sun officially sets in July at 0145 UT (August: 0115 UT) (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** OKLAHOMA. 1390 (and spurs circa 1360 & 1420), local KCRC Enid published this small display ad in the July 26 Enid News & Eagle: ``We`re changing the face of sports radio in Enid! AUGUST 1 on 1390 KCRC!`` --- I suppose that mean they are quitting ESPN Radio for another of the proliferating sports networx. I may not notice as I avoid listening to it like the plague (Glenn Hauser, Enid, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

==============

** U S A. 850, July 23 at 0228 UT, very nice organ music, from NE/SW, way over KOA baseball, barely audible if I null this: obviously KFUO, which tho a daytimer may remain on till Denver sunset. 0230 UT sign-off says KFUO, Clayton-St Louis MO, 5000 watts, 850, and standard disclaimer by LCMS, referring us to streaming for more, off 0231* UT. Indeed, 0230 UT is KOA official FCC June-July sunset, tho as a 50 kW U1 station they may ignore it; August moves KFUO up to 0200* UT. (KOA also has a 10 kW ND U1 auxiliary/backup transmitter at another site, 30 minutes further north and 11 minutes further west; it sounds weak enough to be that now). (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1380, July 25 at 0400 UT, full ID in super-hyped Spanish for ``Vida 13-80, KRCM``, ``una seÃal llena de vida``, plugging official inauguration of new name for Sat July 30 at 7 pm [CDT = 0000 UT July 31] and promises milagros = miracles will ensue; phone 713-364-5027. Could that be when they will finally start obeying the Law of Man and turn night power down from 22000 to 43 watts? Yeah, sure. Why wait so long? Maurico Molano, Spain already logged the new name July 12 at 0434 UT, and refers us to
https://www.facebook.com/vida1380houston/

Had been branded as ``Radio Aleluya``, but that`s on a bunch of other AM and FM stations in the Houston market, so this will set it apart, as if anyone cared about such gospel-huxtering distinxions (Glenn Hauser, OK, WORLD OF RADIO 1836, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

** U S A. 1650, July 24 at 1121 UT, local El Paso interview show from KSVE, unseems about sports, in Spanish, but both speakers have a slight Anglo accent. Mentioning ``high school`` (ÂjÃiscul?) and registration date 5 de agosto, for that or El Paso Community College, phone 831-2424. Need to listen in USB to minimize local 1640 KZLS, even when nulled, close to 90 degrees away from EP. 1130 UT outro show as on an FM and ``ESPN Deportes 16-50``. 1131 UT on to another show discussing the Republican National unConvention. The FM would be another EntravisiÃn one, as in their roster for El Paso:
http://www.entravision.com/all-stations/
93.9, KINT, Josà or
94.7, KYSE, La Tricolor, altho they have an English one too:
92.3, KOFX, Oldies
Checking the ``Shows`` for each, what I heard are too insignificant to be mentioned, and no complete program schedules for any (Glenn Hauser, OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

===================

UNIDENTIFIED. 1330.6 & 1349.4 approx., July 22 at 0129 UT, matching mushy spurblobs making hets against 1330 and 1350 stations, implying they spew out of one of hundreds of 1340 stations, impossible to make any match, and I`m not on a loopable antenna. (Not to be confused with the local spurs circa 1360 and 1420 which still attach to 1390 KCRC) (Glenn Hauser, Enid OK, DX LISTENING DIGEST)

UNIDENTIFIED. 1330+ & 1350-, July 23 at 0223 UT, again hearing the mushy spurs against 1330 & 1350 stations, no doubt out of some 1340 outlet halfway between: this time on the DX-398, I DF them as close to east/west from here. So let`s look at the nearest ones along that axis:
KJMU Sand Springs OK
(but I think it is silent; never hear it anyway on daytime groundwave)
KSEK Pittsburg KS
KADI Springfield MO
KFMD Bethel Heights AR
KVOT Taos NM (none closer to the west)